PERSONAL DATA PROTECTION NOTICE
(For Customers, Service Providers and Business Associates)
Line Clear Express & Logistics Sdn Bhd including its branches in Malaysia is committed to keep individual information of people (“customers and clients”) protected and secured. We trust this Notice causes you realise how we handle the individual information about our data subjects that we gather and how data subjects can control our revelation of such information. Line Clear Express & Logistics Sdn Bhd is subject to the Personal Data Protection Act 2010 and this Notice seeks to outline how we intend to deliver all the rights and protections and on what data subjects are entitled to.
Security of Personal Information
The security of individual information about you is our importance. We secure this information by keeping up physical, electronic, and procedural protections that meet or surpass material laws. We train our representatives in the best possible treatment of individual information. When we utilize 3rd parties to give services to us, we expect them to ensure the privacy of individual information that is transmitted to them.
What personal data we collect and how we collect your data?
Personal data refers to any information that relates directly or indirectly to an individual, who is identified or identifiable from that information or from that and other information in the possession of Line Clear Express & Logistics, including any sensitive personal data and expression of opinion, video recordings made through close circuit security surveillance cameras placed for security reasons and audio recordings about the individual.
The types of personal data we collect may include, but is not limited to your name, address, other contact details, age, occupation, marital status, financial information such as your income, or income tax particulars your identity card or passport, place of birth, credit history and your transaction history.
Failure to provide such personal data/sensitive personal data may result in Line Clear Express & Logistics Sdn Bhd being unable to provide you with effective and continuous products and services.
Line Clear will collect your personal data through below:
- When you subscribe one of our services/ products or activate an account with us.
- When you register at Line Clear website.
- When you contact any of Line Clear Express & Logistics entities/ representatives through different approaches for example, application forms, emails and letters, telephone calls and conversations you have with our staff in a HQ/ branch. In the event that you reach us or we get in touch with you utilizing phone, we may screen or record the telephone call for quality affirmation, training and security purposes.
- We may likewise acquire your own information when you take an interest in client surveys or when you agree to accept to join any of our promotion campaigns/ competitions.
- When we acquire any information and data from approved external parties (for example credit reference offices, administrative and enforcement offices, recruitment organizations, business owners, schools, colleges, legitimate delegates).
The purposes for collecting your personal data:
The purpose for which personal data is collected and further processed depends on the nature of your relationship with us and/or our third-party service providers. Your personal data may be used for the following purposes: –
- To process applications for open your account with us for any product and services.
- To verify your financial position through a 3rd party/ approved credit agencies.
- To manage internal record keeping and maintain your account and facility.
- For internal analysing purposes to study our marketing initiative effectiveness, market survey, statistical analysis and modelling, reporting, audit and risk management, avoid fraud and any other purposes relating to business’ operations.
- For direct marketing and telemarketing purposes
- To respond to inquiries & complaints
- For such other purposes as permitted by applicable law or with your consent
Disclosure of your personal data:
Your personal data will be kept confidential but such personal data may be provided to third parties who carry out functions on Line Clear Express & Logistics Sdn Bhd behalf with whom we have contractual agreements for some of our functions, services and activities for the purposes set out below: –
- Providing data to approved delivery partners, (Sea/ Air/ Land freight)
- Providing data to financial services (Insurance)
- Providing data to Customer Service providers
- Providing data to business professional advisors and external auditor.
- Providing data to Telemarketing agencies
- Providing data to Database system providers
- Providing data to e-Commerce providers
- Providing data to Online payment gateway partners
- Providing data to SMS service providers
- To any of our affiliates in and outside Malaysia who is/are connected to Line Clear Express & Logistics Sdn Bhd;
The revelation of your information may include the exchange of your own information to places outside of Malaysia, and by giving us your own information you consent to such an exchange where it is required to give you the services/ products you have asked for, and for the execution of any legally binding commitments you have with Line Clear Express & Logistics Sdn Bhd.
We may share your information for our Protection and the Protection of Others.
a) Right to request access to personal data
You are entitled to request access to your personal data that is processed by us with reasonable written notice and we will revert within 14 working days.
b) Right to request correction of personal data
You are entitled to request the correction of your personal data that is held by us with reasonable written notice. With respect to this, you may:
- request correction and/ or update of your personal data that is inaccurate, incomplete or out-of-date; and
- request retention of your personal data only as long as necessary for the fulfilment of the Purpose stated above.
Complaints and Disputes
If you have reason to believe that we have breached the principles as laid out in this notice, we urge you to raise it with us.
Your Privacy Preferences and How to Contact Us:
Please remember that we will protect your personal data regardless of your privacy preferences.
If: (a) you wish to find out more information, or raise any specific or general concerns about Line Clear Express & Logistics Sdn Bhd and this Notice, you may: –
Call: 03- 7890 3535
Line Clear Express & Logistics Sdn Bhd has the right to refuse your requests to access and/or to make any correction to your Personal Data for reasons permitted under the law, such as the expense of providing access to you is disproportionate to the risks to your privacy.
This Policy is subject to changes and we reserve the right to amend, alter and/or vary this Policy from time to time. Notification of changes would be made known to you through any suitable medium of communication or through our website. In any event of conflict between the English and Bahasa Malaysia language versions of this Policy, the English version shall prevail.